Beginnings and Endings Challenge
Issued on: December 20, 2004
Ended on: February 5, 2005
Challengers: A, tarotgal, and Meg
The responses are: 23 entries from 9 fandoms by 11 participants.
Sneezefic is fanfiction which involves characters sneezing. It is written and posted on a number of groups and sites. This challenge on the sneezefic mailing list was made to give members of the list a fun time trying something different and hopefully allow more writers to easily participate and contribute.
There are 11 Plot Bunnies to choose from for this challenge!
|CHALLENGE PLOT BUNNIES:
Theme: Beginnings and Endings
Main Rule: All fics should revolve somehow around a theme of endings and/or beginnings. Ie: Characters just meeting, saying goodbye, transitions in their lives, etc.
- Holiday song- take the title of a holiday song for any holiday, write a fic to that idea, and use it as the title of your fic. You may change a word or two if needed. In the author’' notes, please specify the original title if you change it.
- Emphasis on the seasons- write a fic where the sneezing and season go hand in hand (ex: spring allergies, summer cold, cold & flu season, hayfever season, etc.). You must make some direct reference to and emphasize the season itself (using description of setting, explanation from the character, etc.)
- A year in the life- cover a whole year of incidents (seasons, holidays, etc.) starting with the beginning of a year and ending with the end. (Can involve multiple characters during that year)
- Pick-a-holiday- choose any holiday (real or fantastical) and write a sneezefic set around it.
- Glad to be sick- the main character of this story wants to be sick and/or is glad to
be sick for some reason. There can be other elements in the story, of course, but this must be the main plot point
- Use all five words/phrases: clock, late, haze, rain, "until your fever's gone."
- Use all three elements: taking a photograph, accidentally in love, forgetting one's place
- Use three (or more) of these words: celebration, backstabber, dreamy, rest, frosty, steam
- Use three (or more) of these elements: needing to sneeze while watching a movie in a movie theater, writing in a journal, getting a new pet, finding something assumed lost, doctors make the worst patients, role reversals - the patient takes over as the doctor
- Use two (or more) of these elements: a visiting a friend, forgetting an important event, singing in the rain, sneezing at the wrong time, trying to hide an illness
- Use two (or more) of these elements: getting sick in an unfamiliar environment, running away to avoid seeing a doctor, having fever induced dreams, character feels lonely when sick, character misses a rendez-vous due to sleeping in.
The fics submitted for the challenge were originally posted on the SFAnnualChallenge.
They have been archived here, arranged by title, author, fandom, and bunny. It is encouraged that you give feedback to the authors and thank them for the contributions. You may do so by posting to the challenge's Yahoo group or by e-mailing the authors of these fics directly. Please observe story ratings before reading them as some stories might contain slash, violence, or sexual situations.
If you are an author, please see the information page.
Feel free to link to this site. You can use the main url http://sfarchive.beastlet.com/Challenges or link directly to this challenge http://sfarchive.beastlet.com/Challenges/BegEnd0405/main4.html