Issued on: December 31, 2006
Ended on: March 9, 2007
Challengers: Symphonyflute and tarotgal
The responses are: 19 entries from 8 fandoms by 7 participants.
Sneezefic is fanfiction which involves characters sneezing. It is written and posted on a number of groups and sites. This challenge on the sneezefic mailing list was made to give members of the list a fun time trying something different and hopefully allow more writers to easily participate and contribute.
There are 25 Plot Bunnies to choose from for this challenge!
|CHALLENGE PLOT BUNNIES:
Main Rule: All fics must incorporate one of the quote bunnies into the story, either in narration or in dialogue.
(Thank you to me211152004 for the suggestion!)
- "Love, and a cough, cannot be hid." (George Herbert)
- "Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be." (Abraham Lincoln)
- "The things one feels absolutely certain about are never true." (Oscar Wilde)
- "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed." (George Burns)
- "I consider being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill." (Samuel Butler)
- "If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going." (Professor Irwin Corey)
- "Never forget what a man says to you when he is angry." (Henry Ward Beecher)
- "Don't live in a town where there are no doctors." (Jewish Proverb)
- "Worries go down better with soup than without." (Jewish Proverb)
- "Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function." (Unknown)
- "Ill deeds are doubled with an evil word." (William Shakespeare)
- "Health is not valued till sickness comes." (Dr. Thomas Fuller)
- "Man has to suffer. When he has no real afflictions, he invents some." (Jose Marti)
- "No one is a failure if they have friends." (Clarence, "It's a Wonderful Life")
- "A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around some other way." (John Tudor)
- "Not going home is already like death." (E. Catherine Tobler, "Vanishing Act")
- "No matter what you do there will be critics." (Unknown)
- "In the world of mules, there are no rules." (Ogden Nash)
- "A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water." (Carl Reiner)
- "A misery is not to be measured from the nature of the evil, but from the temper of the sufferer." (Joseph Addison)
- "My home is not a place, it is people." (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Barrayar")
- "Sooner or later we all quote our mothers." (Bern Williams)
- "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?" (Edgar Bergen)
- "Good-bye. I am leaving because I am bored." (George Saunders)
The fics submitted for the challenge were originally posted on the SFAnnualChallenge.
They have been archived here, arranged by title, author, fandom, and bunny. It is encouraged that you give feedback to the authors and thank them for the contributions. You may do so by posting to the challenge's Yahoo group or by e-mailing the authors of these fics directly. Please observe story ratings before reading them as some stories might contain slash, violence, or sexual situations.
If you are an author, please see the information page.
Feel free to link to this site. You can use the main url http://sfarchive.beastlet.com/Challenges or link directly to this challenge http://sfarchive.beastlet.com/Challenges/Quotes0607/main6.html