Issued on: December 17, 2005
Ended on: February 12, 2006
Challengers: A & tarotgal
The responses so far are: 20 entries from 10 fandoms by 10 participants.
Sneezefic is fanfiction which involves characters sneezing. It is written and posted on a number of groups and sites. This challenge on the sneezefic mailing list was made to give members of the list a fun time trying something different and hopefully allow more writers to easily participate and contribute.
There are 10 Plot Bunnies to choose from for this challenge!
|CHALLENGE PLOT BUNNIES:
Theme: Love is All You Need (well, that and some sneezing of course)
Main Rule: All fics should revolve somehow around a theme of love. Ie: Finding love, falling in love, falling out of love, true love, lost love, secret love, lack of love, etc.
- First Snowfall- it's the very first snowfall of the season. What happens? Delight? Dread? Celebration? Chaos?
- Valentine's Day- create a piece centered around the holiday itself
- Secrets- a character (or multiple characters) has (have) secrets. What are they and what happens to the secrets? (Must include two or more secrets- but the more the merrier!)
- Horoscope- select a horoscope from a newspaper/magazine/website. Then write a sneezefic where everything in that horoscope actually happens. (Include the text of the horoscope in the Author's Notes, please)
- The perfect end to a horrible day- character has a bad day but finds out that every cloud has a silver lining.
- Use two (or more) of these elements: visiting a new place for the first time, accidentally in love, two characters change roles, seeing someone differently
- Use three (or more) of these words/phrases: raindrop, wrap, vision, chocolate, "you know me so well!", "warm yourself by the fire", "nothing else matters"
- Use all five words/phrases: card, squeak, poem, warm, "come, you're shivering"
- Use all five words/phrases: bouquet, allergic, aroma, bewitching, "they're beautiful! But they make me-"
- Use all five words/phrases: dancing, soup, peaceful, "a thick blanket of snow", "there's nothing like it"
The fics submitted for the challenge are posted on the SFAnnualChallenge.
They have been archived here, arranged by title, author, fandom, and bunny. It is encouraged that you give feedback to the authors and thank them for the contributions. You may do so by posting to the challenge's Yahoo group or by e-mailing the authors of these fics directly. Please observe story ratings before reading them as some stories might contain slash, violence, or sexual situations.
If you are an author, please see the information page.
Feel free to link to this site. You can use the main url http://sfarchive.beastlet.com/Challenges/ or link directly to this challenge http://sfarchive.beastlet.com/Challenges/Love0506/main5.html